Monday, July 11, 2005

thoughts on london bombs

It sucks that things like this have to happen again.
First off, i would like to say that I am sorry that this happens, and I am sorry for those who have lost someone or have been hurt.
I just think that the headlines are blown way out of proportion. I know it is awful, i know that a lot of people are suffering because of it.
What I don't agree with is the mentality that since this is a bombing of an industrialised country, the whole world has to grief with them.
think about how many bombs that explode in iraq, in africa where centuries- long kudettas are unavoidable. or sri lanka, a country with reportedly the most numbers of terrorists. every single day during american attacks, hundreds of iraqi civilians are killed and tortured.
sure there are small articles about the bombs and attacks, but there is no report on iraqis who have lost all of his/her family members that anymore death would not make any difference at all...
are we fostering a self centered mentality to make people from industrialised countries think that their lives are more valuable than their less fortunate counterparts??
Medias do not exactly help either. i believe that they magnify things that embed fear within those who read it, making the general public feel that their lives are at stake, and thus making them consent attacks on the suspected terrorist countries.

I don't know what to think of anything anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home